Today’s Blogtober assignment is to share what’s in my bag. Here’s a pic and see more info below.
- Wallet: Nothing exciting here. Just a wallet from the Coach Factory Store with my ID, a few credit cards, insurance cards, and very little cash.
- Two iPhones: I have two iPhones: my work phone and my personal phone. I have to be on call for work on some weekends and evenings, so I nearly always have both phones with me.
- Lip balm, lotion, etc.: I always carry lip balm (right now, I’m using Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour® Cream Nourishing Lip Balm with SPF 20), lotion (whatever travel-size bottle I can find), eye drops (I sit in front of a computer for a lot of the day), a few bobby pins, and a hair band with me. I put them in a small makeup bag so they don’t get lost at the bottom of my purse.
- Notepad: This is leftover from my pre-smartphone days. I’ve had an iPhone for years, but for some reason, I still keep a notepad in my bag.
- Loyalty Card Organizer: I got tired of digging around in my bag for the right loyalty card anytime I shopped, so I found this card organizer. It’s so much easier to keep all these cards together with this handy thing, and it keeps my wallet from becoming overstuffed.
- Collection of coupons and gift cards: A few years ago, I started carrying any gift cards or coupons I had with me. Rather than let them float around my bag, I put them in a small makeup bag. This way I have them with me whenever I decide to go shopping, and I don’t have to hunt for them.
- Pens: I’m not sure how I ended up with four pens in my purse, but here they are.
- Wine Opener: Yep, I carry a wine opener in my purse. Don’t judge me. I did have to throw one away at the airport once when I forgot to take it out of my purse before I went through the security line. The security people chuckled while they told me that I couldn’t take it on the plane.
- Keys (not shown): We have a key hook next to our front door, so I put my keys there as soon as I get home. I forgot to grab them when I took the picture of my bag, and I don’t really want to redo the picture just to include my keys. They’re keys; they look like everyone else’s keys. I do , however, have an obnoxiously sparkly key chain that looks like this one that’s available on eBay. (I did NOT pay that price for it. I got mine at the Factory Store for WAY less.)
I also have tissues and my “girl stuff” in one of the side pockets in my purse, but I didn’t feel like I needed to show that here. I found quite a collection of old movie ticket stubs in the front pocket, but into the trash they went. Overall, my purse is pretty organized because it drives me crazy when I can’t find something in it fairly quickly.
What’s in your bag?