Another Blogtober list today! I’m skipping the obvious things I can’t live without and thought I’d opt for 10 beauty-related things. Most of these are some form of moisturizer because my skin can be dry, especially this time of the year.
- Moisturizer: I moisturize my face in the morning and at night. In the morning, I’ve been using Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 30, and I just started using Murad’s Perfecting Night Cream at night. I also moisturize the skin around my eyes morning and night. In the morning, I use Murad’s Essential-C Eye Cream SPF 15, and at night I use Murad’s Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture For Eyes.
- Lip Balm: I love Burt’s Bees lip balm, but I discovered Elizabeth Arden’s Eight Hour Cream Intensive Lip Repair Balm about two years ago and use it every night before I go to bed. Don’t be turned off by the price. A jar lasts me several months. There’s also one with an SPF 20 if you want something for daytime wear.
- Gentle Cleanser: I use Cetaphil’s Gentle Skin Cleanser. It’s mild and non-drying.
- Concealer: I’ve been using bareMinerals products for a few years and discovered their concealer about a year ago. It hides my dark circles really well, it doesn’t feel heavy, and it contains an SPF.
- Liquid Eye Liner: I love the cat eye look. I use Stila’s Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner and Urban Decay’s 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner.
- Mascara: You can’t pull off a cat eye very well without mascara. I’ve been using Maybelline’s Volum’ Express The Rocket Mascara.
- Foundation: I switch between bareMinerals’ Original Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15 foundation and bareMinerals’ bareSkin® Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20.
- Round Brush: My hair is naturally wavy, so I have to dry it with a round brush to straighten it. It really is the most effective way for me and helps ensure that my hair has volume.
- Hairdryer: Letting my hair air dry might be better for it, but I end up looking like I’ve given up on life. Not a good look. So, a hairdryer is essential.
- Downtime: I can have a bit of anxiety from time to time, and I’ve learned that I need regular downtime to relax and clear my head. I will never be one of those people who has a full schedule all the time. I just don’t function well, and I end up not being much fun to be around.